It is my policy to respect your privacy, and I am setting out my policy below so that you understand how I may collect, use, communicate and safeguard any personally identifiable information that you have provided to me. (“Personal Data”).
I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations. This could arise where you have signed up to receive mailings via my website (www.barbaragodwin.com) or via a social media site (e.g. Facebook) or you have provided me with your email address in person or via direct email contact, or in other, similar ways;
- I am performing a contract with you for services;
- I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), Barbara Godwin is the “data controller.”
Personal Data I collect via my website www.barbaragodwin.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to me
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website and/or via my email such as when you sign-up to receive news and free content, including eBooks, videos and offers and/or to join The Ghostly Ghastly Readers’ Club, or you email me directly. The information collected is:
- Email address,
- Any Personal Data which you provide in the free text box of the form,
- The content of any email sent directly to me.
Automatic Collection via the Website
My Website system and security system automatically collects certain information when you visit my Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. This is not linked with any Personal Data.
Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I would use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of my Website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law. I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data collected. Your email address and the source from which it was obtained, (typically via my Website) is held on MailChimp’s secure website for the purposes of sending mailings in connection with the Ghostly Ghastly Readers’ Club.
Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
Children under the age of 13 who want to access the Ghostly Ghastly Readers’ Club and/or receive mailings and/or free stories/books/illustrations are required to have a responsible adult, such as a parent, guardian or teacher join on their behalf. Mailings from the Ghostly Ghastly Readers’ Club are sent via MailChimp.
If I receive an email from a child I do not know their age unless this is mentioned in the email. I reply directly to the same email address and a copy of both emails are retained in the iCloud connected to my internet server. I do not approach or pass on any of their Personal Data received in any way. The passwords connected to my Website and internet server are excessively and highly secure and are changed often.
Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email or via my postal address, both set out at the end of this policy:
- see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask me to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data.
Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
You can unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe procedure at the bottom of all emails typically via MailChimp.
My Email for Privacy Questions: barbaragodwin.com
My Postal Address: Flat 13787, PO Box 6945, London W1A 6US
Thank you for reading through this. I hope you enjoy my books, stories and illustrations, and also my mailings from the Ghostly Ghastly Readers’ Club, which is designed to be fun for young children.